On 12 October the Prime Minister made a statement to the House of Commons. The announcement sets out how the Government plans to standardise and simplify local lockdown measures, by introducing a three-tiered system of local COVID Alert Levels in England – set at medium, high, and very high. You can view the areas in England listed as local COVID alert level high and local COVID alert level very high and the postcode checker is available on https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions.
Please see below for more details and guidance on Shropshire’s current alert level.
Shropshire’s COVID Alert Level – Medium
This consists of the current national measures, which came into force on 25 September.
- All businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-Secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law, such as nightclubs.
- Certain businesses selling food or drink on their premises are required to close between 10pm and 5am.
- Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-thru.
- Schools, universities and places of worship remain open.
- Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees.
- Organised indoor sport and exercise classes can continue to take place, provided the Rule of Six is followed.
- People must not meet in groups larger than 6, indoors or outdoors.
See the guidance and restrictions for areas where the Local COVID Alert level is Medium.