The building dates back to 1693 and is grade 2 listed, built as a hostelry its original purpose was to provide sustenance for the many bargemen who worked the River Severn, where goods would have been loaded and unloaded on the quayside opposite.
The building was extensively altered during the reign of King George the third and retains many of the features from this period, in particular, it’s large sash windows and its beautiful mahogany Georgian Staircase.
We are situated in Low Town, within the conservation area, and overlooking the River Severn and its old historic bridge. It is within easy walking distance (or alternatively take a ride on the funicular railway) of the high street and its many restaurants and hostelries.
We offer seven individually styled bedrooms, five have full en-suite facilities with a further one on each floor having access to a landing bathroom. All the rooms have a colour flat-screen television, hairdryers, tea/coffee making facilities and a recent addition welcomed by our guest’s wireless internet access in each room.