We are delighted to welcome you back to Shropshire for that long-waited day out, holiday or break. Our beautiful region is as wonderful as ever, but some things have changed. Most importantly, we all need to abide by the Government guidelines to ensure we are all safe and able to enjoy all that the area has to offer.
With restrictions easing, many of us are keen to get out and explore once more. But we all have a part to play our part in managing, mitigating and reducing the risk of Covid-19.
To make sure our newfound freedom is as beneficial to everyone as can be, we’ve put together some tips on how to look after people, businesses, animals and the environment and take responsibility for ourselves and our surroundings when on our travels.
2. Remember to Respect, Protect and Enjoy. Respect everyone around you, protect the environment and enjoy the great outdoors.
3. Avoid tourist hotspots where you can and check out local hidden gems instead. Find great local inspiration on our Inspire Me! page.
4. Be kind to staff and residents, and support local independent businesses where you can. Remember the past year has been challenging for everyone, and we are all trying to adapt to new measures where possible.
5. Look out for the We’re Good To Go mark – it shows businesses that are operating in line with government and public health COVID guidance.
6. Make sure you have a bank card; many outlets are currently only accepting cashless payments – and you don’t want to miss out on that ice cream!
7. Take hand sanitiser with you – you don’t know where will be open for you to wash your hands.
And here are a few more for you to bear in mind when exploring Shropshire’s outdoor spaces:
The countryside code contains advice for the public and landowners, making it easier for visitors to help respect, protect and enjoy the outdoors.