Spring Diesel Bash - Severn Valley Railway
Experience the sounds, sights and smells of heritage diesel power with a full day of haulage and the chance to clock up more than 100 miles on the Severn Valley Railway at the 2021 Spring Diesel Bash.
All trains now on sale – book your tickets!
Choose your train and haulage type and get assigned your own private compartment or socially distanced table. Get up close and personal with British Diesel Power as you whisk your way through country miles, clocking up 96 miles on three round trips on your chosen motive power plus additional trips behind Class 17 D8568!
Stops at Bridgnorth and Kidderminster will allow you to get off, take photos, have a beer (or two) in one of your heritage pubs and explore each site. Refreshment rooms and toilets will be open at either end of the line.
In line with Government Guidelines, The Engine House will not be open during the Spring Diesel Bash, so trains will no longer stop at Highley.
What’s more, there are optional trips behind ‘Clayton’ D8568, making its FIRST appearance in BR Blue livery.
Choose one of the following sets for your day:
- Train 1, Class 50s – 50007, 50035 and 50049
- Train 2, Hydraulics (power announced soon!)
- Train 3, Sulzers – Class 33 33108 and visiting locomotive
- Train 4, English Electrics – Class 40 40106 Atlantic Conveyor and visiting locomotive
The SVR hasn’t seen this many diesels on ONE DAY since 2019, so don’t miss out on the first big diesel event of 2021!
Your Spring Diesel Bash ticket includes:
- Reserved compartment or socially distanced table
- 96 miles of haulage behind diesel engines of your choice
- Optional journeys behind Class 17 (no need to change trains)
- Photo opportunities at Kidderminster and Bridgnorth. You cannot leave the train at any other station.
Start your 2021 adventure in style with the Severn Valley Railway Spring Diesel Bash.
- Disabled Access
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled Toilets
- Guide Dogs
- Entrance Flat No Steps