Nestled in the heart of the Shropshire Hills, Church Stretton awaits as a picturesque getaway accessible by train. Discover the town’s charm, scenic landscapes, and a blend of activities catering to every budget. Discover the top attractions, accommodation options, and culinary delights that make Church Stretton a hidden gem.
As the train winds its way through the stunning Shropshire countryside, Church Stretton emerges as a haven for nature enthusiasts and those seeking a peaceful escape. Surrounded by rolling hills and offering a quaint town centre. Church Stretton promises a serene retreat away from the hustle and bustle.
Top 5 Things to Do in Church Stretton:
- Carding Mill Valley (Free Entry): Immerse yourself in nature at Carding Mill Valley and the Long Mynd. From scenic hikes to tranquil picnics, this National Trust site offers a range of outdoor activities.
- Church Stretton Arts Festival (Ticket Prices Vary): Explore the vibrant cultural scene at the Church Stretton Arts Festival. From music to art, the festival showcases local and international talent.
- Walking Adventures in the AONB: Embark on scenic walks through Church Stretton’s AONB, where each step unveils breathtaking landscapes and natural wonders.
- Cycling Excursions in the Shropshire Hills: Discover the town and its surroundings on two wheels. Explore cycling routes that showcase the beauty of the Shropshire Hills.
- Church Stretton Antiques Centre: Dive into the town’s history and charm as you explore unique finds at the Church Stretton Antiques Centre, a haven for vintage enthusiasts.
3 Places To Stay:
- Mynd House B&B (Mid-range): Unwind in the comfort of Mynd House B&B, a delightful retreat offering a warm and welcoming atmosphere. (Nightly Rate starting from £110.00)
- Arden House Luxury Apartments (Mid-range): Immerse yourself in luxury at Arden House, where modern design meets comfort in these upscale apartments. (Nightly Rate: £105-£210)
- All Stretton Bunkhouse Stiperstones (Budget-Friendly Stay): Experience budget-friendly accommodation at All Stretton Bunkhouse Stiperstones. Ideal for those seeking a simple and comfortable place to stay. (Nightly Rate: £30-£60)
3 Places To Eat:
- Jemima’s Kitchen (budget-friendly): Delight in the heartwarming dishes at Jemima’s Kitchen, a quaint spot offering delicious meals with a touch of local charm.
- The Ragleth Inn (mid-range): Experience the charm of The Ragleth Inn. This country pub serves up hearty fare in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere.
- The Kings Arm (mid-range): Indulge in the classic pub dining experience at The Kings Arm. Here, traditional flavours and a friendly ambiance await.
Travel Times by Train:
- Chester to Church Stretton: Approximately 2 hours
- Birmingham to Church Stretton: Approximately 1.5 hours
With its natural beauty, cultural offerings, and a range of accommodations and dining options, Church Stretton invites travellers to unwind and explore at their own pace. All aboard for a journey into the scenic embrace of Church Stretton, a town that promises a rejuvenating escape for every kind of traveller.
Start your journey here: www.tfw.wales